Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ah, another 4th of July is behind me. I hope you enjoyed your yearly shout out America. That having been said, I can't honestly remember exactly when I lost interest in celebrating the 4th. Also.....I dunno....I mean it seems like the 4th of July is kind of like...I dunno....Easter. I mean it's fun, everyone has a good time - but the customs don't necessarily stand up to close scrutiny. That's not entirely fair though I suppose. I mean...Rocket's red glare, flag was still there = set some rockets off. Whereas Christian peoples really enjoy chocolate eggs, so they slapped the Death of Christ tag on what I think was a pagan holiday...So that they could sort of just say it coincides. Eddie Izzard is the man to look for for a better take on that whole rant. I have some friends who are Mormon. I wonder if Easter is a big deal for them.........
Where was I? Oh yeah. Public safety. People. Signal your lane changes and turns. You don't even have to be a good driver for any other reason. When you slow down inexplicably, back up without looking, or park in a fire lane......I'll give you all of these. Just signal. Or, and more to the point....Please, please don't change lanes in the midst of a turn at a busy intersection. Note that I even gave you an out. If it's NOT busy, do what you like! But when it's busy, and you put my life in danger like that? It makes me so angry the blood in my face boils. I think it does anyway. I cant really speak on the factuality of that, because I think that might kill someone in reality. But it's the closest approximation I can think of. Anyway, signaling is an idea we can all get behind you know? And I can't stress this enough- No one is asking you to drive better! Heaven's no! Just signal properly, so people can deduce your crackpot schemes ahead of time.
Let's see.... ..... ....... Ah. Yes, if you are going to play a game of Super Smash Brothers Melee, and my roommate smiles agreeably at you- be afraid. Be very afraid. While I did ok, I must of my own free will admit that he was better. Josh fell into his old rhythm of kicking butt fairly quickly. It made me think back to when Andy and Cainnum would be with us too. He's very good at that game, and he weathered my complaints of blaming it on the levels with quiet dignity.
Also, I dunno if you read this blog Richard. But I loathe you sir. You do not deserve to win.
I think that about wraps up this post. If it seemed a little abrupt- Don't worry! It was!
For lunch today I had a Dr. Pepper.
Peace out.

7 comments:

Joshie said...

Wow. You sure know how to cover some ground in a blog. :) And, you know Richard is going to win. I think the whole thing is pre-arranged. Jerks.

cainnum said...

a:) if i were there i would do my best to defend your honor by pouncing on josh's (zelda's)head with link's pogo sword move. and b) who the hell is richard?

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Man alive! I think I have whiplash from this blog. A) yes Mormons do Easter, but alot of them don't do the easter bunny thing or do it the day before or something. B) Richard from Beauty and the Geek is quite the jackass, but I don't think he's made as much of an impact on my life as he has on yours. C) My 8 year old beat Josh at Super Smash Brothers. I'm not trying to make you feel inferior, I'm trying to say, have hope! There's a whole generation coming up that will be able to trounce Josh proper.

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Oh yeah, and D) I once saw a comedian who said you could justify anything in traffic as long as you have your turn signal on. An important life lesson can be learned from that, I think.

Joshie said...

Dude, I'm secure enough in my Smash Brother ability to be cool with being beaten by an eight year old...but I think the record needs some addendums. He was using Link (his strongest character by far), and I was using NESS (arguably one of the weakest characters), and we had the auto handicap on (mine was maxed out and his was min-ed out). But, the boy has improved vastly in a fairly short time, and he should be proud. And, David shouldn't be so hard on himself. He beat me when I was using Zelda (a feat accomplished by few under ANY circumstances), without any handicap or anything. And, when we were using random characters, our respective win counts weren't too far from each other. Go David!

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Richard didn't win! Aren't you happy?

Dave said...

I really wasnt that involved. I mean I definately don't like the guy, but I was really just bein dramatic.