Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Black dark wet slithering.....

..Rage has been known to over take me at times. For many reasons. But now one of my biggest anger management issues is the car radio. An open note to the music enthusiast: I am glad that you own what you feel is a nice car. It's nice to know you put aside the money for the stereo system in said car. Please enjoy your music. Hell, crank it if you feel the need......However. Do not blare your music outside my window. How loud is too loud? It's a simple test. If your music makes me window shake, it's too loud. That's a decent amount of leeway you understand. Because even hearing your stereo makes me mad. So that's really quite generous of me. The thing that bothers me is the inherent...challenge in blasting your music. Sure...You're enjoying it...But let's face it....You're also curious as to if it will bug me. Also, what do you care? Chances are always in your favor that I won't say anything, because that's one of the flaws of polite society. It's a catch 22. You are being impolite by blaring your music. But I'd nervous about asking you to turn it down, because what if you said no? I mean what do I do then? Call the police? Also, why is it that minorities, and you'll forgive what I consider only a slight generalization, seem to be the worst offenders? And to further single them out, I mainly refer to black people. People who's biggest beef is being harassed..............did I miss something there? Also, have you ever noticed that usually the music being blasted is rap? I find this a little strange. It's like rap has become the anthem of car radio enthusiasts. If I were in my humpty....Well I'd be within my rights to broadcast some tears for fears or toadies or what have you. I just don't get it. And people can't explain it to me entirely to my satisfaction. So the next time you pass a dude slamming a little "Video killed the radio star" down on you, be sure to give me a wave.

5 comments:

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Man, am I with ya on this one! It totally pisses me off that people do that! But, I do love the song Video Killed the Radio Star, so if I heard somebody blaring that, I'd probably turn my radio down so I could hear their radio. So maybe it's just rap I hate. Does this make me racist?

Joshie said...

I don't care who does it or what is playing, it's rude. To extend the metaphor to other senses, it would be unforgivable for me to walk up to a stranger and shove my twinky in his pie hole, would it not? I was just sharing the taste. What about if I was afraid of the dark...I mean really afraid, so I wore a million candle power bulb on the top of my head. What could someone else do if they didn't like it, close their eyes? Well, guess what...it's ILLEGAL for me to plug my ears while I'm driving. I think it's pretty stupid, but since I can't...turn down your freakin' stereo!

Veronica said...

Not to point out the Extremely Obvious....

But, rap is Loud Du Jour, because it's heavy on the bass in ways that rock ain't.

HighMaintenanceHussy said...

Jeez, Dave. You're a little young to be turning into a grumpy old man, no? ;)

I think the title of my next blog entry is gonna be "Watch me shove this twinkie in your pie hole."

drunkbh said...

I see this all the time where I live. I have a simple solution. I put on a little Disturbed and crank the hell out of it.