Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Focus

So my vision isn't so hot lately. It's pretty annoying. It's hard to focus completely anymor. Which of course makes me paranoid. That's really going the distance for those who know me, because i'm already pretty paranoid. I'm trying to sleep more. It's been made difficult this last few days because with my cold I cant get much air. Occasionally I'm sloooooowly trying new things. Josh is helping as best he can, or rather as much as i'll let him....but it's nice to have the support. I'm trying the multi-vitamin thing, doing some thought exercises, generally trying to stimulate myself just a little bit more. "See what develops" plan of action. I know I'm blowing things out of proportion slightly, but not as much as people who know me well might think. I've taken the wait and see attitude to heart. My eyes are definitely a little funky. I am tired a lot of the time. I should really think about not smoking. Or at the very least cut down more. Which I have. I've thought about drinking more water. It's a hard habit to get into, but I know I should drink more of it. I wish I liked carrots more, but they're just so damn chewy. I mean really. What's the deal there? Though I do salivate slightly at the idea of pot roasted carrots and potato all soft cuz of the juices from the meat and.........*tongue lolls out of mouth*
Anyway. Uh. Yeah....so I'll give it a little while longer, and if it gets much worse I guess I'll have to take some sort of action. Which really just galls me to no end. I mean. I'm lazy. Why can't my eyes and or body just take care of itself? Seriously. It's freaking annoying.
I wish I hadn't stared at the sun when people dared me to when I was a kid. Stupid dares.

5 comments:

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Maybe you should get your eyes checked. It's possible you need glasses, eh? And you SHOULD stop smoking. It's very very bad for you. I was actually thinking the other day how sad it was that you went from a nonsmoker to a hard core chain smoker so fast. Plus it's expensive. You could afford to date more girls if you stopped! Bonus, eh?

Joshie said...

Wait a minute. Smoking is very, very bad for you? Two very's? I don't think so. Drinking turpentine warrants two very's. Shooting up bleach warrants two very's. I think bulimia only warrants one very. Most drugs get a single. But smoking? I don't even think it deserves a very. It's bad for you. Like drinking liquor is bad for you. Then there is a step down...like sacchrin is kinda bad for you. And down some more...using cell phones MIGHT be bad for you. See? In the great scheme of things, there are much worse things to do than smoke. So, watch it with the very's there. :)

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

whispers out of side of mouth, "I'm trying to get him to stop smokeing, so shutup!"

Andy said...

When I was little we had this record from the fifties called "improve your vision without glasses" or something, that convinced me that I could improve my vision if I did an exercise: hold your finger up in front of you, and alternate between focusing on my finger, and focusing on the furthest thing I can see, just working through the whole range of motion. I really doubt that it does anything, but on the other hand, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't need glasses.

cainnum said...

quitting smoking won't be easy. make it past the first couple of weeks and you got a shot at it. good luck if you do decide to do it