Friday, May 27, 2005

Supplies!

"Surprise." Get it? Ah well.
So it's summer time again, my apathy is now a wee bit more present as it responds well to heat apparently. and things seem pretty bleh. Met a few people through myspace.com....and I guess I'm fairly pleased. Meeting people is sort of nice, especially when I can exercise the process of it in a controlled environment. Josh and, to a far lesser extent, I have been buying a lot of sandwich stuffs. It seems fairly economic, for the most part, and sammiches are tasty. We've also discussed buying plants. Semi seriously. We discovered we like a little green, and most of the time our patio space does seem pretty wrecked, so I'm pretty for the whole idea. I stand to make a little money from my mother, because she's selling the last bit of land she owns in New Mexico. I'm fairly pleased, but I know I'll end up spending some of it responsibly. Damn it. I've also noticed that people around me seem a little irrational lately. Which means I guess I am being a little irrational too if it's the weather...Which I think is a strong contributor. This doesn't apply to all my friends, but It's something I've noticed. Denton feels like a soup most of the time now, and I don't know whether to walk out of my apartment, or dog paddle. It's been slightly better today.
A note to cainnum. Star Wars was highly decent. I loved it compared to the last two films, but the discontinuity, and the abrupt inclusion of elements that don't impact the plot made me weary. Good action, some surprisingly decent acting, and a better sense of pacing all made this movie stand out above the last two installments. I, even in my Star Wars Trivial Pursuit glory, still can't give it much higher marks though. It also disappoints me....Because George Lucas used to be so much better. Maybe it's because he has kids now, or maybe it's because he's just older.......But the movies lacked a certain amount of depth. There are some noticeable exceptions in this movie.....Such as the solid performance by Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine, but it still showed some very rough edges. Otherwise, I really don't have many complaints. I'll probably end up seeing it again at some point. Today I made chicken spaghetti for lunch. It was ok. Salute!

6 comments:

Joshie said...

And I bought honey mustard. mmmm...honey mustard. Down with humidity!

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Did the honey mustard go with the chicken spaghetti? Sounds gross.

Joshie said...

No, it went with the sandwiches silly. The spaghetti was good without condimental assistance.

Dave said...

Honey mustard chicken pasta you say? Hmmmm.

cainnum said...

you're much more eloquent than i. me like movie much much.

Veronica said...

Rough edges, like, "We have holographs and light sabers... but not sonograms or prenatal vitamins", you mean?