Monday, May 02, 2005

FORK me!

Seriously. Stick a fork in me. I'm done. So Saturday night, after watching A Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, I go to bed and wake up the next day a little scratchy. I figure it's no big, I probably just over did it yesterday with my vices and socializin'. I go to work, get into my rythm, and realized abruptly that I feel worse. I come home at two for my short break. I realize with sinking dread that I am, in fact, coming down with something. It only took a few hours for this virus to lay waste to my bodies defenses.
I'm an allergy kid. This won't mean much to most of you, but to those other chosen few like me who got to get allergy shots once or twice a week as a kid, well you'll understand if I dont like colds. I get them at least once a year. Often more like twice a year. This is particularly annoying as I have just pointed out that I did, in fact, go to the doctor many times as a child to get my allergy shots. One would have hoped this had covered colds in some way. I especially dont like colds mainly because they screw with my breathing. It also means I get even less rest at night. I have sleep apnia. This bugs me. Also, colds are time consuming. They take awhile to fend off. And it takes awhile to bounce back. sniffles and the odd sneeze can last for days. Not cool.
Colds Also have this way of making your head stuffy too. It's like trying to think with a head full of mental chaff deflecting your thoughts. Mundane tasks you perform each day suddenly become actions of intense concentration. I was at work and I continuosly tried to ring this person's 2 large pizza order up on a 1 medium coupon. It didn't work. Or listening to your car radio and turning the tuning dial instead of the volume dial and being completely non plussed by the problem with volume level and reception of signal. Things like that.
I do amuse myself when it comes to doing combat with my colds though. My weapons of choice are cough syrup, nasal decongestant pills, Oj, and cough drops. of these four items, I think OJ helps the most. Followed by cough syrup. It's amazing how Vitamin C can make my cold take a step back and reevaluate itself after ONE glass of OJ.
Or it could have been just because I was feeling really funky this morning. Now I am getting tired again. I must cut this post short. I can feel the fatigue seeeeeeping into my veins again. It's there. Always there. Under the surface.......... .... ....*

2 comments:

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Poor Dave! *pats back soothingly* Orange juice is good. And those allergy shots suck.

cainnum said...

suck! i know you when you're sick. you're usually completly miserable.