Thursday, May 12, 2005

Laughter is a four letter word.

So if you're like me, chances are you have friends out there who just dont agree with certain things you find funny. For example, I really love Spaceballs. But I have a friend that looks at m
e like I said something like "Hitler really had a few good ideas there" every time I reveal this.
I used to like, hide the stupid shows I liked. Oh yeah, I should point that out.....There are somethings that I have laughed at for several minutes, that I will in no way try to defend as anything other as just plain dumb. For example, The New Guy with DJ Squalls. There's a scene where a guy turns from his friends and runs DIRECTLY into a pole. Slapstick. Baseless slapstick. And still I laughed. I should point out that this also got a snort from the friend who gave me a disapproving look for enjoying Spaceballs. I love Who's Line Is It Anyway? I like the first 3 seasons of The Drew Carey Show, I enjoy Cheers in a slightly amused fashion, I used to love SNL during the Phil Hartman years, I liked News Radio, I laugh at Family Guy. Screw it, I also like Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, The Venture Bros. , Steve Martin Movies, Tenacious D, and dear god in heaven I also laugh a little at Everybody Loves Raymond on occasion. I'm not defending or condemning any of the things I've just said.....it's just stuff that I find funny regardless of what other people think. Im down with laughter. I love it. I think it's better than hate, and not as emotionally full time as being sad. It's why I try to at least make people smile on my blog. People deserve to get a chuckle. So if you think something is funny, and other people don't get it, throw a pie in their faces if that's yo thang. Later.

7 comments:

cainnum said...

you're coming out of the comedy closet so to speak. well you know me. i freakin love spaceballs. and all that other stuff. i'm with ya brotha.

Veronica said...

You forgot to mention "Going to Weird Al" concerts.

And, dammit, I thought adult swim was all "Hip" and "Trendy."

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

I think guys running into poles are HILARIOUS, but Everybody Loves Raymond! There are certain things you just shouldn't share. :)

Joshie said...

Hey, Hitler did have some good ideas, like an unrestricted science program...he just completely lacked MORALS. Oh, and he was a bitter, hate-filled, genocidal psychopath. But, my problem with stupid humor is that I usually find it vaguely funny the first time, but it has no re-watch value for me. I like funny with layers. But I don't judge you for liking it, I say whatever floats your boat is fine by me.

HighMaintenanceHussy said...

My favorite scene in Spaceballs is when they're combing the desert. "We ain't found SHIT!" It's truly a comedy classic.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

cainnum said...

hey check out my latest post. considering a dueling blog type of thing. laters.

Andy said...

Hey Newsradio is coming out on DVD this week.